Thursday, June 11, 2009

2009 Topps Series 2... what the f***

So I posted a few days ago about how I got my hands on a blaster of Series 2. Well, tonight I finally found some retail packs and bought five.

When you take out all the inserts and Topps Town cards from the blaster, I got 63 total base cards. No doubles. Over all, a pretty successful blaster, though I wish the Topps Town cards weren't one of the eight in the blaster packs.

Tonight out of five packs, which is a total of 55 possible cards (taking out the five Topps Town cards), I got sixteen doubles from five packs. SIXTEEN FUCKING DOUBLES. What the hell is up with that? I got my fair share of doubles from Series 1, but not like this. The first pack I ripped had six doubles alone.

One of the 16 I'm holding on to one for a certain Phillies fan, but the others are up on my 2009 Topps for trade list. First come first serve... I'd prefer if you email me, rather than post a comment. My email is in my profile.

I'm looking for '89 Bowman, '09 Heritage or Turkey Red Braves or '81 Topps.

All was not lost though, I got some pretty nice inserts...


I really like Turkey Red, but I just don't see myself being able to complete this set. So this one is up on the trading block too, if any Orioles fan wants it, let me know.


These Wal Mart exclusives are beautiful.


Very nice.


Very, very nice.

Ok, so yeah, I'm pissed off. Did I just get lucky with Series 1 and is this just an example of '09 collation? Or is series 2 particularly bad?

But, tomorrow or Saturday (probably Saturday) you're going to see a nice surprise package from Night Owl, so thanks a lot Greg! Just wait, it's a nice one.

0 comments: