Monday, July 14, 2008

Justin Morneau wins it

I don't know much about Justin Morneau, but he put on a nice show and at least turned me into a bit of a fan. Josh Hamilton was impressive too, but he was tired in the final round and his swing was sloppy compared to round one.

Like I said before, I'm a fan of pitching, but for whatever reason, I can't get enough of the Home Run Derby. Did ESPN re-run all of the previous derbies this afternoon? I always enjoyed that.

88 Score talk coming up soon.

2 comments:

tastelikedirt said...

"Justin Morneau wins it"

No, I think anybody who watched that would saw Josh Hamilton won. It might be time to change the rules!

Ben said...

True. I'll give you that. Hamilton put on a spectacular show, but rules are rules =P.

But yes, I agree with you. I don't see any rule changes forthcoming though. While the winner didn't actually win tonight, the fans got what they wanted to see I think, a lot of home runs. Change the rules so that all the home runs count and Hamilton wins in the first round and doesn't even need to take a swing in the second or final. Where's the fun in that?

Reset the count after every round, then every swing is important.