Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I got another box of targets, ie '09 Heritage

I can never seem to go to Wal Mart for anything normal. Last time it was envelopes. I found myself there this evening because I needed roach traps. After living here for three and a half years and never seeing a roach, my cat as chased at least ten of them around this past week. My house is spotless, I don't know where they're coming from.

But I decided to grab one more blaster of Heritage while I was there. This one will be the deciding factor in whether or not I pursue the set or not. If I do decide to go after the set, I'm going to wait until packs are readily available, or I'm gonna save some cash and buy a hobby box online.


You can hear the gum inside the box shaking with fear because they know what I did to their friends this afternoon. heh heh heh

Actually, I'm glad I picked this up because it was the last one they had. When I bought the first one there was a shelf full. I'm hopefull that this will show who ever does the order that it sells pretty well and they'll order some boxes of loose packs. Again, I don't want to be spending $20 at a time and there were no jumbo packs that others have reported finding.

The first blaster netter three short prints, one chrome and two inserts. This one provided two more short prints, one chrome and no inserts, which is good since all but the chrome will add to the base set.

We'll get the shiney out of the way first. I kinda like these chrome cards.


Sorry, I'm still new to today's baseball card world and this is only the second chrome card I've ever touched.

Unless disaster strikes, I think Randy will be the last pitcher to win 300 games for a very long time.



Aside from set building, the other joy in collecting baseball cards for me is getting cards of your favorite team. I was happy when I completed the Braves team set from Series 1, and I think I'll be looking forward to also completing the team set from Heritage. And it's always nice to pull your favorite player too (Chipper). My only complaint with the Chipper card is that they used that goofy shot from '08 A&G for the little black and white picture. Oh well, at least it makes me laugh.

And finally, here's a kid that I've been rooting for for a long time. Well before his Marlins days, well before his Tigers days, well before he was on the national map as a top prospect.


Maybin is from Asheville, NC, about 45 minutes from where I live. All the local papers gave him a lot of attention when he was in high school and after he was drafted. He's a very talented player and I hope he goes on to have a great career.

I think I'll be building this set. No more blasters though, so I don't know how long it'll take, but I'm in no hurry.

0 comments: