Monday, March 30, 2009

What's next?

Now the both Series 1 and 2 of 1988 Score Young Superstars are behind me, what should I do now?

I mentioned a long time ago that when my 88 Score set was finished I'd do a run down and of the '88 Score Rookie Prospects. But I was worried that there would be too much overlap with the Young Superstars. Well, there wasn't much overlap.

Since I really enjoyed having a daily feature (and I hope all you readers enjoyed it too), starting tomorrow, we're going to have a high school reunion of sorts. Where are They Now? How did these top prospects fare in their major league career? While there were a few flops in the Young Superstars sets, those were for the most part prooven players who had one or two good years under their belts. Get ready for a lot of "I've never heard of this guy," with the Rookie Prospects.


These will be cards number 623 through 647 of the 88 Score base release.

Check back tomorrow for the first rookie.

2 comments:

Jinxo56 said...

I look forward to that. I have thought about doing that with Topps Future Stars, starting with 1987 set.

Ben said...

You should. There were some pretty good players in that subset, especially Palmeiro and Bo. Looking back on it, I've never completely understood why Barry Bonds wasn't given the Future Star stamp, I guess because his rookie card in '86 Traded, but who knows (I should learn to never question what Topps does because there's never a good answer).