Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Young Superstars II #30 - Jeff Musselman


Back in the '80s I remember buying these little rubber people in a plastic cup. Most of them were pink, but I think there were some other colors. I think they were called mussle men, but I can't find a damn thing online about them. They came from Dollar General or some such place.

Not a lot going on in the photo, and not a lot happened in Jeff's career. In 1876 (woops) 1987 he led AL relievers with 12 wins, but that's about it in the highlight department. He only stuck around until 1990.

According to Wikipedia, he currently works for Scott Boras.

Jeff Musselman's career statistics

2 comments:

bloggerDK said...

M.U.S.C.L.E!!!!! I had a shitload of those things! And I never would have thought of them again if you didn't mention them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.S.C.L.E.

Ben said...

Well shit. Now I'm gonna have to dig those damn thing up next time I visit my parents.

I don't know how many I had, but it was more than a few. There's a complete set of the pink ones, 235 of them, on ebay right now for $289.95 buy it now.